It’s easy to feel intimidated by this question but the best thing you can do is focus on your past successes and how they relate to the company and job you’re applying for. Answering this question is much easier if you’ve done your research on the company and the role, so be sure to thoroughly read the job description and company website. While this role is a big step up from my current content marketer role, I’m excited to take on new challenges and grow into the remote marketing manager role. My research has shown me that Customer.io is a great place to learn and level up your craft, and I’m committed to working harder than ever.”
- We recommend asking questions that demonstrate you are a committed employee who wants their business to succeed.
- But there are simply a few additional steps you need to take.
- This is your chance to gauge whether or not you want to work in the organization you’re applying to.
- Sales is a relationship game and some people are made for it.
- Keeping the dos and don’ts in mind can help you have a seamless remote interview experience.
Before every dream job, there’s a terrifying perfectly doable job interview. And interviews for remote jobs come with their own set of pitfalls. This is one of those work-from-home interview questions that you will probably get asked. If your favorite job included group outings and frequent team lunches, or your least favorite one was when you felt stuck behind a desk, an interviewer may not see you as a great fit for a remote role. If you’ve primarily worked in an office during your career, the hiring manager may have a few questions about why you’re applying to a remote job.
Top 10 Must-Have Remote Work Skills
You might be tempted to breathe a huge sigh of relief once you have answered the last work from home interview question. This allows me to easily keep track of all my tasks as well as visualize how they impact tasks assigned to other members of my team. I can easily group important tasks, track deadlines, highlight urgent tasks, and mark tasks as completed. “I try to keep the two separate in the same way that I would in a traditional office.
- Whatever your secret remote weapon, working style, office set-up, or ideal daily schedule is, you’ll need to really think it through before your remote job interview.
- I was a sales manager for a well-established company with an excellent reputation for customer service.
- Researching the company, reviewing the job posting and your application, and picking out appropriate clothes should all be somewhat familiar to you.
- We also recommend investing in a quality headset that blocks out distractions and incorporates a microphone that has an adjustable volume setting.
All of our products and training resources are protected by our 30-day no questions asked money back guarantee. Whatever the reason…or no reason at all…you can have a full refund if this resource isn’t right for you. Suggested answers verified by our panel of interview experts. Our newsletter includes everything you need to build a happy, healthy and effecitve remote team.
How do you ensure that you are communicating effectively with your coworkers?
Employers need to ask these questions to make sure you can be productive in an unstructured work environment void of any direct supervision. Share a story of a project that shows your initiative and determination to demonstrate that you don’t let projects slip. Don’t forget to mention how you prioritize tasks and what you do when there are multiple things that need your attention at once. Make sure you explain what steps you take, how you triage things, and that you aren’t afraid to ask for help when you’re in over your head.
- Look, technology connects people and makes it possible to work on a team without ever seeing them IRL, but sometimes it requires some special finesse.
- You can cancel anytime by contacting us via our contact page or email.
- A common question asked during work from home interviews is how would you communicate remotely with your team or manager whilst working at home?
- We covered a few ideas above including suggesting a trial period, suggesting a couple of days per week to start, etc.
- You talk face to face and resolve any issues you may have with your coworker.
- Before undertaking your working from home / remote working job interview, think of three smart questions to ask at the end of your interview.
- Here’s an opportunity to turn your finesse with making TikTok videos and viral tweets into a successful career.
- Productivity can vary based on individual work styles and preferences, regardless of the work environment.
You could talk about how you taught yourself a new skill or when you leveraged your network to fill a gap. Whatever you choose, be prepared to lead with a specific example. You should also ask the hiring manager to explain how their team works. Ask about how they plan their team goals and how they like to be informed about progress. This also happens to be describe your experience working remotely an excellent opportunity to learn more about the company culture so that you can determine whether a prospective employer is going to be the right fit for you. Don’t be afraid to talk about all the tools and strategies you use to keep track of what you need to do, decide what takes precedence, plan how and when you’ll get it done, and follow through.
Reminders for a Remote Interview
Outline details of your past remote work experience, such as what you did and the hours you worked. If you and your coworkers were located in vastly different time zones, explain how you tackled the challenges and what systems you put in place to keep everything on track. In addition to making a match between yourself and the job, be prepared to discuss why you want to work remotely and how you are equipped to do so. The interviewer will want to know about your workspace, computer, internet connection, familiarity with communications software and apps, and other technology you may need to know to do the job. You should get ready to answer work from home interview questions just as you would for an in-office interview. But there are simply a few additional steps you need to take.